Monday, April 23, 2007

Friendly banter

From p65 blogsite: To Increase or Not To Increase? speech by Michael Palmer

Urge you to read. Pretty good points he had highlighted about the timing, etc. Comments from bloggers came in fast and furious.

I wrote to Michael about the pay hike. I've commended his speech. However, guessed some pro-PAP supporters decided to get personal. Here are the exchanges:

whybegay Says: April 16th, 2007 at 1:27 am
Kaffein,
since you have mentioned that you have migrated away from Singapore to Australia. Then I don’t think you should be more concerned with Singapore affairs rather than Australia’s. For instance John Howard’s recent anti-HIV migration suggestion.

Easternwind Says: April 16th, 2007 at 3:15 pm
Whybegay,
Gd logic why shld a former sporean be so concerned abt the island matters, if indeed he was so concerned he wouldnt hv left in the 1st place. Hahahahahah

Easternwind Says: April 18th, 2007 at 12:32 am
oh yeah kaffein was the one who criticised me for being overly aggrsive lest I forget well may I remind kaffein hving quitted spore u r not entitled to speak ur mind here, being a foreigner i woudl see u interfering with local politics and finally let me WARN u anyone out to block spore path towards success must be politcally eliminated no wonder what u included

Kaffein Says: April 20th, 2007 at 7:34 pm
To whybegay and easternwind,I’ve decided not to debate with you here. This blog belongs to the p65 MPs.
PS. Have a question for you both. Am I a foreign talent if I decide to come back after 5 years?

whybegay Says: April 22nd, 2007 at 2:09 pm
Kaffein,
this blog is exactly for debate and discussion since the MPs are here.
To answer your second question, the answer depends on whether you have any talents that Singapore wants.

Easternwind Says: April 23rd, 2007 at 12:22 am
Y did kafein refuse to debate with me, the reason is is simple, far from being logical and constructive, he has long labelled me as a PAP lackey (but dared not say so openly).

Hving quitted spore what makes u come bk, hao ma bu chi hui tou chao, u must hv hated the PAP so much (me included) thts y u left spore. U must hv wished LKY a speedy death for he was nvr in ur list of top leaders who shld run this place.

The issue of foreign talent has long been debated, far from “selling spore out” as claimed by opp, this foregniers actually value add to oor economy but this is a highly emotive issue and opp wasted no time in capitalising on it for its own political gains.

No great empire in the world make it without foreigners, li si who served in the state of Qin was not born there. Li Kashing was originally from chaozhou but fled to HK, microsoft employed many foreigners whose names I doubt u knw how to pronounce.

U really think with ur own pple u can flourish, prosper, etc etc i doubt so. What if the chap u intend to hire dont belong to 1 of u and u shut the door to him but u knw he can bring u millions if u hire u.

I urged sporeans to look wider and clearer tth hving foreigners in our economy is to help us not robbing jobs away from us. If u believed in the rubbish uttered by opp then spore would go down the drain in no time. Thks u!!!

Kaffein Says: Your comment is awaiting moderation. April 23rd, 2007 at 10:14 pm
Probably my last attempt here:
To whybegay“this blog is exactly for debate and discussion since the MPs are here.”

Kaffein>I disagree. This blog is NOT my blog. There is no reason to debate about ME. I should not be the focal point but real issues/concerns highlighted by the public. But then again why not have some interesting debates here since this speech is going to get archived.

“To answer your second question, the answer depends on whether you have any talents that Singapore wants. ”

Kaffein>*sobs* other countries want me. Go figure.

To Easternwind,
Y did kafein refuse to debate with me, the reason is is simple, far from being logical and constructive, he has long labelled me as a PAP lackey (but dared not say so openly).

Kaffein> Truth? Can you handle it? I didn’t take you seriously. But then…

Kaffein>I could sue you for libel and making assumptions that I have never said. But blogs aren’t not to be taken seriously. Or are they? Perhaps ex-EDB chairman Philip Yeo might want to expound on this. Seems to be one rule for a group, and another for the common.

Kaffein> Anyway, you have declared that term yourself. I did not disagree. I will like to think many posters tend to agree with what you have declared about yourself.

Hving quitted spore what makes u come bk, hao ma bu chi hui tou chao, u must hv hated the PAP so much (me included) thts y u left spore. U must hv wished LKY a speedy death for he was nvr in ur list of top leaders who shld run this place.

Kaffein> Again you are putting yourself at risk for putting words in my mouth and making bold statements. Do you feel rich today?

Kaffein> I have openly declared my email, my blogsite. Have you? There is no credibility in your posts, btw.

Kaffein> If Singapore can accept ‘ungrateful sons’ from foreign countries who come here, get their milks’ worth from the country and then return back to their home, I can’t see why I cannot do likewise.

Kaffein> Also can you also repeat what you have said to SM Goh’s daughter, or ex-Minister Yeo’s daughters? What if they decide to come back? What will you call them? Patriots, loyal citizens? Awww, c’mon. I think the narrow, shallow thinking does not stem from me.

The issue of foreign talent has long been debated, far from “selling spore out” as claimed by opp, this foregniers actually value add to oor economy but this is a highly emotive issue and opp wasted no time in capitalising on it for its own political gains.

Kaffein> Again, the issue wasn’t an opposition’s political gain. It was raised by our very own sons (think NS and you are not far off) of Singapore. The opposition just highlighted a very true concern many have felt.

No great empire in the world make it without foreigners, li si who served in the state of Qin was not born there. Li Kashing was originally from chaozhou but fled to HK, microsoft employed many foreigners whose names I doubt u knw how to pronounce.

Kaffein> Your point is?

U really think with ur own pple u can flourish, prosper, etc etc i doubt so.

Kaffein> Yes I can. Can you? I doubt so.

What if the chap u intend to hire dont belong to 1 of u and u shut the door to him but u knw he can bring u millions if u hire u.

Kaffein> I’m not stupid. But then again, are you saying that Singaporeans cannot bring in millions but foreigners can? If yes, gosh, your popularity just took a nose-dive.

I urged sporeans to look wider and clearer tth hving foreigners in our economy is to help us not robbing jobs away from us. If u believed in the rubbish uttered by opp then spore would go down the drain in no time. Thks u!!!

Kaffein> And thks u 2!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop complaining! You Quitter!

Anonymous said...

Why bother with sycophants? Grief abounds when you write to them at their level. It is a futile exchange of words. But write at the level beyond their comprehension and they fear to challenge your words. Because they have no view that can stand up to scrutiny.

Rachel said...

with ppl like that and who post anonymous comments, no surprise why PAP can effect pay hikes and all that nonsense. These people are so steeply entrenched in their propoganded minds that they will lash out at any alternative thinking.